Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Eventually...REALLY?!?

E.VEN.TU.AL.LY

I have learned to HATE this word! The very definition fills me with consternation and makes me uneasy. Here it is...are you ready for it?

"In the end, especially after a long delay, dispute or series of problems."

There you have it...

I have been anxiously, and not so patiently, awaiting a transfer to Salt Lake City with my job. I am tired of commuting to Portland, I hate where I live when I'm not at home and I sit in a disgusting crashpad waiting and waiting to fly. It's frustrating, exhausting and downright lonely most of the time. Everyone I talk to (within the company) assures me that "EVENTUALLY" I will be granted my transfer...I highly doubt that they really understand the definition of this hideous word with regards to the circumstances of my life! And in all fairness, it's not their problem or responsibility.

So, how do I deal with the "meantime"? That's really where I have to live. It's where my reality exists and where I have to find joy.

I guess "Eventually" is a fine word. I'm sure that in some cases it serves people and situations very well. For me? I have learned to hate that word...sorry, maybe I will one day learn to like it again...Eventually!!

Photobucket

1 comment:

BARBIE said...

Eventually is a hard word for me as well. There is no time line on it. Eventually....one day...perhaps? Praying that you don't run out of patience while you wait!