Sunday, September 12, 2010

Enjoy The Ride

"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he's been robbed.

Most putts don't drop. Most beef is tough. Most children grow up to be just people. Most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration. Most jobs are more often dull than otherwise.

Life is like an old-time rail journey—delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed.

The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."
-President Gordon B. Hinckley (Quoting Jenkins Lloyd Jones from Deseret News, 12 June 1973. Teachings of Gordon B. Hinckley [Salt Lake City: Deseret Book Co., 1997], p. 254.)

I was looking for a document in my hubs laptop this morning when I ran across this amazing tidbit of knowledge. How timely for me! My life has been so full of the unexpected lately and so many de-railments that I have been in a bit of a tailspin...not really knowing what to do.

I am one of those people who wants clear-cut answers, and I want them NOW. I look for solutions and try to solve things with logic and reason. But I've learned lately that patience is absolutely necessary and it is one thing that I am not very good at!

I have been so prayerful and have been trying to "Lay it at His feet". I have always heard this in the Bible but have to admit that I never really stated things to Him that way in my prayers...until this past year. I am learning that by doing this, I am more free! Yes, I know that He expects me to do ALL that I can do (and then some) and that if I trust in Him, having complete faith in His great love for me, then everything will work out...I've seen it happen and I continue to see it happen. It's wonderful!

But it's still not easy...it still requires faith and patience, and there is no room for fear, (which, I am learning is a HUGE waste of time in the whole scheme of things)...and I have learned that it is an on-going necessity if we want to have real happiness in this life.

So I am thankful for coming across this sweet comment by Pres. Hinckley. He has, once again, touched my heart and given me food-for-thought. He has inspired me to keep moving forward and to keep doing what I know I need to do.

Life is Beautiful! It is most often challenging, trying, tough and exhausting, but it is worth it and it is Beautiful. So come what may...I will try to be patient and will always be so thankful to the Lord for letting me "have the ride!"
Photobucket

No comments: