Thursday, September 2, 2010

Swiss Days Press Junket

Yesterday was a loooong day! It all started at 4:30 AM when my alarm went off and I began to get ready for our "media blitz". I am in charge of PR/Advertising for Swiss Days which is a HUGE event in the state of Utah and takes place in our very own little town of Midway (this Friday and Saturday, 8AM -8PM).

The Swiss Miss girls and one of the mother's picked me up and we headed down the canyon to our first shoot at Fairmont Park with Casey Scott of Channel 2 (CBS affiliate). Casey is a SPAZZ and is know for being outrageous. We met him at 6:30, it was still kind of dark and quite cold (about 50 degrees F). We brought him some lederhosen which he put on without a shirt...AND he wore flip-flops over his knee socks! He was hilarious, was adorable with the girls and made us all laugh! I am very thankful for the press coverage and, even though we were all freezing, it was well worth getting up at "O Dark Hundred". We shared the time with the people from the "Soldier Hollow Classic Sheepdog Trials" (who are up here near Midway) and it all worked out very well.

(Sorry some of the pictures are blurry...it was tooooo early!)


We had about an hour to kill before our radio appearances, so we stopped for breakfast. The girls were so cold, they ordered hot chocolate...

(aren't they adorable?!?)
Then it was on to the Radio stations...8 total! But they were all in the same building and we only had to record twice. Then they do the editing and play us on all of the stations...They were wonderful, and even want to come up and broadcast from Swiss Days next year!




Then we were finally on to our final stop, Channel 5 (NBC affiliate) to appear on their morning show, "Studio 5". The girls were pre-recorded just before the beginning of the show, outside, doing their 2 numbers. Then they were shown 3 times during the show. I was on to discuss a little about what to expect at Swiss Days. It went very well.



It was an exhausting day, but such a great day as well. These darling girls were real professionals! They never complained about being tired or cold, they smiled, performed perfectly and were charming to be around. I am like a proud mother hen! If you come up to Swiss Days and see them, please be sure to stop by and tell them hello and if you saw them on TV, please let them know...this was HUGE to them!

A special thanks to Carrie Dunn who helped get us on all of these great shows. It truly takes a village...
Photobucket

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh how fun!!! But what a long day. Wow. You are so great with PR!

Shawni said...

Hi Mary, I just wanted to come say hi since I haven't been here in a while. How fun to be involved in Swiss Days...I remember going when I was in high school and have fond memories.

I hope your foot is better and I'm so interested that you used to be a flight attendant. I think that would be such an interesting job. The only girl I still have contact with from our days in England is a flight attendant with British Airways. I love to hear her stories.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi. Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog.
Love, Shawni

Anonymous said...

Amiable dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.

Anonymous said...

It agree, it is an amusing phrase