Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Kidney Stones, Career & Japan

See that pretty little crystal up above? First of all, it has been magnified and is, in all actuality, about the size of a grain of sand...Don't be fooled. That little sucker is a most painful little demon called a K.I.D.N.E.Y S.T.O.N.E...and it is E.V.I.L...!!

I know I have been away for quite a long time...life has been so busy for me lately and on top of that, my body decided to try to pass one of those little beasts! Let me tell you, I passed one about 10 years ago, on a flight as the lead Flight Attendant...not one of my best moments...this time, it has taken me just over a week and it STILL HASN'T PASSED!! But, it is much better. My friend, Julie, told me to drink 1/2 Cup of Lemon Juice, mixed with a little water and sugar, each day in hopes that the stone begins to dissolve. I'm not sure what exactly has happened, but I do know that my pain is significantly less, almost gone. Thanks Julie!!

With that said, I spent 6 days in bed on a heating pad. I had a difficult time even reading because at times I was so naseaus from the whole ordeal. So I spent a lot of the time pondering life in general. I watched some T.V. and just tried to work through it. When all was said and done, I gained a greater compassion for people who are chronically ill. I caught a glimpse of the helpless feelings they often describe and even the fear that life might never be the same. My heart goes out to everyone who is suffering in ANY way.

On another note, my mother turned 80 on Mar 14th. She is an amazing woman who looks great, feels great is has the most positive attitude of anyone I know. She acts at least 20 years younger. She still plays Full-Time in the Utah Symphony and is a busy, active and vital woman. I can only hope that I am as healthy as she is at that age. (I'll do another post on her Birthday festivities).

Many of you know that my hubs, Brad, changed careers this past year after 34 years. It has been a challenge, but it has been the best decision he has ever made. After working so many long and tiresome hours, he is now reaping the rewards and the new company is so proud of him. He has participated in several conference calls with top Sales people where his expertise is being utilized and put to work. He has now received two promotions and even qualified for the annual Cancun trip this June! I'm so proud of him and am so happy he is with a company who appreciates his talents and abilities.

Finally, I have to comment on the events in Japan. My heart aches for the people of that ravaged country. As I look at the wreckage and devastation from the Earthquake and Tsunami, I can't even imagine where they will even begin with the clean-up. The determination of the Japanese people is an inspiration and I can only pray that they can continue to move forward with great success. God bless them all...

I pray that all of my faithful blog followers are well and happy. I have tried to catch up on all of my favorite blogs and want to say "Thank You" for keeping me company while I was sick! I know that sounds strange, but I felt like I was visiting with friends as I read all of your posts!

The blogging world is wonderful and I am so glad to know all of you in some small way...

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Get better soon! Thanks for the tip about the lemon juice. Who knew?

Anonymous said...

hello Mary.

Greetings from Northern Ireland.

I'll pray for you as always.

You are going to get better.

Keep an eye in the post by the way.

Please pass on my congratulations to your mom.

Your mother was born on a Saturday and therefore works hard for her living and like Friday's child is loving and giving.

Lots of love to all the family.

xoxoxox

Michael