Thursday, July 22, 2010

Life in the Fast Lane

Have you seen the commercial that says "Life comes at you fast"? That's how my life has felt lately. Time is flying by and I can't seem to catch up to it!

So much has happened. I want to first give a BIG "Thank You" to all of you wonderful ladies who left comments on the Davis Family blog with regard to their sweet Jake. During a time of such heartache, Ragnhild has commented to several people that it meant so much to hear of all the love and support...you are all amazing and I really truly love you all! Little Jake's funeral is this morning. As tragic as this whole event has been, it has yielded so many incredible blessings. Bonds have been reinforced, faith has been strengthened. And this sweet family will heal and we, as a community, will continue to love and support them. They are amazing.

My adorable niece and nephew flew out to Utah from Maryland with their two boys for a family reunion and I was able to scoot down to SLC with Aja and the kids to see them the other night. I took my Beatles RockBand and we had so much fun jamming to some of the best music ever! Even the Littles got involved and made some "beautiful music"...and an added bonus was the announcement that my niece, Lee, is expecting her third child...please keep her in your prayers as she has had a few complications in the past and we need this pregnancy to be a good and healthy one for her! It was awesome seeing them and her two beautiful boys melted my heart...such sweet boys.
Lee and Aja...

Dandy Andy!...

Look at that face!! MUAH xoxo

Kevin with his Uncle Steve...Kevin is such a lover!!

Kevin and Stella playing with the iPod...they became good buddies...

The Littles jamming...well, sort of...

We had our ward party Tuesday night. It was I.N.S.A.N.E.!! I am the "Activities Committee"...well, Brad is on the committee with me (yes, just us 2) but was unable to attend. I planned the entire thing out and then delegated out some assignments to my ward members. We had at least 200 people show up and the weather was beautiful and held out for us. We barbequed hamburgers and hotdogs, the ladies brought potato salads, baked beans, watermelon, chips and various condiments. I baked about 350 cookies using this recipe. I did modify it a bit by using milk chocolate and adding pretzels for added crunch...soooo yummy! Anyway, the party seemed to be a success...we had several childrens games which all of the little ones loved and the adults (with a few kidlets sprinkled in) played "Human FoosBall"...the "rules" kind of went out the window, but it was hilarious to watch and everyone seemed to have a great time. The party ended with a HUGE water fight...I don't think I have EVER heard so many little girls scream and laugh all at the same time...
Our Goalies..Rules? What rules??

We were supposed to have hay surrounding the players, but that just didn't work out... 

I was cast in a commercial for "America First Credit Union" and we have been shooting that over the course of 3 weeks. I first had to go in for some still shots that will be used in it and then we actually shot the commercial last friday night. Yesterday I had to go back to the studio for some final voice over and on monday my little pooch, "Layla" has to go in to do a photo shoot with the "Visa Guy". Yes, my dog was used in the commercial too and she really became the star...she's such a diva. Hopefully we will be wrapped on this project after monday and it should start airing sometime in August...just locally here in Utah.

( that's Layla and me on the "Visa" card)
yes, me again on another "Visa"costume...

I'm heading up to Idaho on Monday to see my other two Littles, Anthony and Brooklyn. They both have to have their tonsils out and are scheduled for that proceedure on Tuesday morning...It will be a quick trip, but at least I will get to be there with them when they go into the hospital and smooch on them when they come out...I hate to see them have to go through this, but they haev both had so much strep that the doc feels that this will really help them...Please keep them in your prayers (I'll put pics up when I get there!)

And finally, a friend of mine, Michael Flynn (a FABULOUS actor), is directing a movie that will be shot [mostly] here in our quiant little town called, "Midway to Heaven" based on the Dean Hughes novel of the same name. I met with Michael and his partner, Shelley, and am working on this project with them...I personally love working behind the camera better than in front of the camera so this should be a fun project. Filming starts the beginning of September..

Well, that's about it...I'll try to be better about keeping up with my blog...and even more importantly, with keeping up with LIFE!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Love Being A Nonny said...

WOW! You are famous! I didn't have a clue! Great picture of you!

Lynn said...

Phew!!!! You truly DO have life coming at you fast!

Congrats on the commercial gig. So fun!!! You are so talented in all aspects of life. I would of fainted being in front of a camera. LOL!

P.S. I too am so sorry to hear about Jake. But it's been amazing and a testimony to me, as well as a faith builder to read his mom's blog. They are SUCH great examples of faith. Thank you for sharing and keep us updated.

mountains-to-climb said...

That is the most awesome costume I have ever seen!

And congrats on the new project. Sounds like a blast!