Monday, October 11, 2010

Latest Update and a HUGE Thank You

My brother Mark is now awake! This is GREAT news and it has been a long time in coming. He is still unable to breathe on his own so is still on the ventilator, but that's O.K., just really uncomfortable. He has been responding by nodding his head and by writing. Not surprisingly, he was shocked to learn that he had been in the hospital for a week and has a bit of pneumonia.

Pneumonia scares me, but the doctors were expecting this and watching for it so they were able to immediately start him on antibiotics.

I sincerely want to thank everyone for their prayers, kind thoughts and messages. They have all been felt and mean the world to me and our family. Prayer is an incredible power that never ceases to amaze me!  I love that prayer has no boundries of ethnic, social or religious groups. We are ALL children of God and He hears and answers each and every one of our pleas no matter how sophisticated or simple they are...even my *Littles* have been praying for Uncle Mark! I am forever indebted to the Lord and love Him so much!

Finally, I want to express my sincerest gratitude to my sister-in-law, Peggy, my adorable niece, Shannon and my three wonderful nephews, Jason, David and Daniel...They have all been ROCKS through this entire ordeal. Their faith and dedicated commitment to their (husband) and father has been overwhelming to say the least. What a beautiful example of how a strong family should operate! I am proud of all of you and your strength has been a huge support to the rest of the family.

Miracles do happen...he is not entirely out of the woods yet and he has a long road to recovery but we have just witnessed one that I will NEVER forget!
Photobucket

4 comments:

Lynn said...

YAY! This is AWESOME news! WE continue to pray. Hugs Mary!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Praying that your brother continues to improve. What a miracle!!! God is good! Thanks for keeping us posted. Love & blessings from NC!

BARBIE said...

Rejoicing with you in this wonderful news1

Lloyd said...

Good news!! Rejoice indeed.