Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Huge Thank You


I love the blogging world because it connects us with people we would never ever have the opportunity to meet in a million years! I have “met” some of the most amazing women by stumbling across their blogs and even though I have never personally met or even verbally spoken to them, I feel like we have become life-long friends.

I believe that we all lived before we came to this beautiful earth and that we are all brothers and sisters with the same challenges and trials. Our challenges come in different packages, but we are all tried and tested so that we can become better, stronger, more Christ-like people and add to the richness of this world and to the lives of those we come in contact with. This is what my “blogging” friends have done for me. They have added to the richness of my life and have inspired me in ways that they will never know!

Many of these women are women who are much younger than I am and their wisdom and insight far surpasses any that I could possibly possess and truly amazes me. I only wish we had had the technology 30 years ago when I began my little family that we do now and I know that I would have gleaned and learned so much more which would only have helped me do a better job in raising my children. But now I have the opportunity to continue to learn and, although my children are grown and on their own, I can only hope to be a better grandmother than I was a mother.

I often get a bit overwhelmed by some of the amazing photos of homes and décor found on various blogs. I see amazing young women who seem to have it all together at such a young age and I feel envious that they “get it” when they are still young enough to make it really work for them. I look at their photos and see beautifully decorated homes…most on a budget! I see precious children who are flourishing because they have a loving, self-less, conscientious mother who looks out for their welfare above anything else. I smell amazing aromas coming from warm kitchens filled with delicious recipes made from the hearts of women who see the value in creating memories at the dinner table. I see homes that should be awarded generous prizes for amazing décor and elegance with the most amazing homey feel. I look at works of art made at the hands of creative women who take something old and discarded and turn it into a piece worthy of the richest castles in Europe. But most of all, I see the same connective thread in each and every post…a desire to do better, reach higher and serve more.

So here is a very grateful shout-out of thanks to some of my favorite, most inspirational blogger friends!

Please take a moment to check out just a few of my favorite blogs and hopefully you will find something that will inspire you to be a better mother, grandmother, wife, sister, daughter, friend…and most importantly, a better woman.

www.babystepscottage.blogspot.com
www.memoriesoncloverlane.blogspot.com
www.71toes.blogspot.com
www.backporchmusings.blogspot.com
www.citified.blogspot.com
www.imperfectlybeautifulms.blogspot.com
www.peachtreecooking.blogspot.com
www.tatertotsandjello.blogspot.com
www.lynncrapo.blogspot.com
www.thehappyhomebody.blogspot.com

Thank you…I love you all!!


1 comment:

Lynn said...

Oh Mary! I was saying "Amen" to every single one of your paragraphs as I read them. I was stunned to read my name on your list. You are so sweet.
I have put you on my list the moment I came upon your blog. Just ask my husband. I talk about you often. ; D

So Thank YOU!