Sunday, August 29, 2010

A Bunch of Random-ness

WOW...so much has happened since I last post...I'm not even sure where to begin!

First, let me say thank you to all of you who were concerned for me since I came home from SkyWest Training. Believe me when I say that I am SO glad to be home and have realized that SkyWest is not the right fit for me...something else will come along, I'm confident.

I have been super busy finalizing my Swiss Days duties. PR/Advertising for Swiss Days is like being a weatherman in Seattle: "Chance of rain"...!! We get over 100,000 people who attend each year. The biggest part of the job for me is getting things ready beforehand on local T.V. news programs. Already we have had to reschedule 2 appearances...with less than a week to go, we'll see what happens. At any rate, I am SO excited for the big event. If you are in Utah, Swiss Days is Fri/Sat Sept 3/4. The square opens at 8:00 AM and closes at 8:00 PM both days. It's going to be a blast this year!!

I woke up 3 days ago with a sinus infection. It about did me in yesterday, but today I am much better. I'm sure my precious *Littles* passed that germ on to me, but that's O.K...I'll survive! They are all doing well...all 5 of them.

I miss Anthony and Brooklyn so much (they live in Idaho) and hate that I don' get to see them everyday like I do the other 3. Nevertheless, they are precious and I ADORE them. Anthony is THE SMARTEST kid I have ever known...even smarter than his mommy who was pretty dang smart. He is hilarious and always keeps us laughing. His little mind just works in an odd way (not bad "odd"...hilarious "odd). He will be 4 the day after Christmas, but I think of him as close to 5 because he is so intelligent.

Brooklyn is sweet and more of the silent type...at least when I see her. She seems so mellow...or is that because she is around Anthony all the time? Not really sure. At any rate, she is so adorable and has been so cuddly with me that last couple of times I've seen her. Again, she is very smart. I'm sure she will give Brittany a run for her money! I heard that they might be coming down for Britt's birthday the weekend of the 11th and 12th...hmmm...hopefully, we'll see. I need some sugar from those 2 Littles...It's been way too long..

Natalie got moved into her apartment in Provo. It's a darling, furnished apt. with 4 bedrooms so each girl has their own space. WOW, things have certainly changed since I lived there in the 70's. She is super excited to be out on her own but is SO burning the candle at both ends by commuting to school in SLC everyday (about 45 mi) and then working each night from 6-11 PM. I have a feeling that will end very soon...

Our weather has been "Old Testament" type weather lately! EXTREME thunder showers and crazy lightening. Two nights ago my house shook from one of the thunderclaps. Aja called to make sure I was O.K. It's nuts! I hope we can order up clear skies for Swiss Days, but have a feeling that the thousands of rain ponchos that the Boosters ordered will be put to good use.

My dad is doing better. He is actually beginning to eat a bit now and doesn't look quite so skeletal. He had us pretty worried. He is walking pretty good and has come up to Midway to see us 3 times since he left the hospital. I know it's difficult for him, but I'm glad he makes the effort. He is an example of true tenacity and determination!

I know this post has been All-Over-The-Place...Sorry about that...That's just kind of how my life has been lately! Hopefully things will settle down over the next few weeks...Swiss Days will be over and then we start again! I promise a more cohesive post next time...Next post: Brad in Drag!

No comments: