Monday, November 22, 2010

Sometimes You Just Have To Dig In!

A couple of weeks ago, my littlest *Little* , Tage, celebrated his 1st birthday with a party at a place called "Pirate Island". It was a cold, blustery day but inside, the kids were having the time of their lives as they ran around playing arcade games, wearing pirate hats, pirate patches and eating pizza and cake.

Aja's friend, Bonnie, made the cakes.

The little one was for Tage to dig into and destroy as he wished. He looked over the cake for about 2 minutes not really sure what to do but he quickly figured things out and...well, he went for it!!



I'm kind of envious of the ability of children to just "go-for-it" with no fear or trepidation. I wonder how much more I could have accomplished if I had not worried so much about the "mess" and just grabbed that first bite. How much have I missed out on?

Sometimes we just have to "dig in"...It was a M.E.S.S...but oh so worth it!!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Linds said...

Wow, a whole year! Happy Birthday to the little guy!