Friday, January 29, 2010

Floss...I Beg of You!

I am a "teeth" fanatic....I admit it...I have nightmares that my teeth have been kicked out by a run-away horse, or broken to bits in a car accident! Maybe that's because I suffered through 3 years of braces starting the end of my Freshman year of High School and ending my First year of College! I had 4 teeth pulled, elastics and 2 types of Head Gear...one was the traditional Geek-azoid head gear and the other was an Uber Geek-azoid head gear called a "High Pull" device.

It's no wonder I didn't date in high school and felt like a total dweeb...hey, at least I stayed out of trouble! But it did give me plenty of time to brush and floss several times per day...

It has all been worth it! As I've gotten older, I've bleached, brushed and flossed like a mad-woman...I even had to back off the bleaching as I got a bit carried away in the 90's and ended up with "Soap Opera White" teeth at one point. All of this attention to my pearlies has made me a lot of money...I've done several ads for "Ultra Dent" as well as some in-house videos for dentist offices, not to mention the other ads, billboards and commercials that sport my uber-cheesy smile...One of the greatest compliments I have received was when a captain (airline captain) asked me for some floss...he said, "You look like you would carry that with you..." I did, and he made my day.

So as you can image, I have a thing for people who DON'T take care of their teeth! I was talking with a BEAUTIFUL woman last night but her breath was horrendous...I would have chalked it up to just having an off day, but each time I have seen her, it's the same...and she's beautiful, inside and out...but her breath!

So what is it?? I have come to the conclusion, (and I FIRMLY believe this) that if you don't floss everyday, you have bad breath! Prove it to yourself...I dare you! Floss your teeth and then smell the floss...it makes me ill just thinking about it! Can you imagine all of the bacteria that hides in those small gaps in our teeth?? A dentist once told me, "You don't have to floss all of your teeth, just the ones you want to keep!"

So I am sharing with you one of the greatest finds on earth! I have used every kind of dental floss imaginable and this is my very favorite..."Plakers"...They are minty and they are SO strong...they even come with a small pouch so you can carry them in your purse or pocket or wherever...
They even make them for kids and my 2 & 3 year old granddaughters use them everyday (I'm SO proud!)

Disclaimer: I am NOT affiliated with "Plakers" in any way...just LOVE the product!
Floss America!

No comments: