This experience made me think of a few things that I have learned that I wanted to share with all of you...So here are some of my "Homemade Remedies":
- Pineapple Juice: I used to fly to Hawaii a lot as a Flight Attendant and when I was there I always enjoyed fresh Orange Juice...I'd have it at breakfast and then for he rest of the day, my left wrist hurt because I have arthritis in it. I read once where Pineapple Juice is exellent for arthritis and other joint pain so I decided to give it a try. It WORKS!! at least for me...I drink a glass everyday and no more pain. (eating raw pineapple is good too...)
- Raw Almonds: The other night my hubs had heart-burn. He had read that eating raw almonds would help. He ate 4...yes, only 4, and it IMMEDIATELY went away...it happened again the next night with the same result! Who knew??
- Hydrogen Peroxide: I am always being told that I have the whitest teeth. I have bleached in the past and my teeth are naturally pretty white but I HATE sleeping with those gooey trays in my mouth and have found that rinshing my mouth with Hyrdrogen Peroxide keeps them white...it also kills bacteria and helps keep your breath smelling fresh. After each time that I brush my teeth, I just use about a capful, swish it around for about 2 minutes and then rinse with water...helps with canker sores too...
- Olive Oil: I have VERY dry skin, plus I live in the mountains at about 5600'. I have moisturized faithfully since I was 15 years old (face AND neck) but still have moments when I feel dry. Every once in a while I take a few drops of Olive Oil and slather it on my face, let it soak in and then proceed to put on my make up. My skin feels so much better and, even though I have my share of wrinkles, my skin is younger looking and more supple.
- Vitamin B: I have always been a mosquito magnet! If there is one within a mile, it will find me...but not anymore! I take Vitamin B (both 6 & 12) and NEVER get a bug bite anymore. I read about this once and thought I'd give it a try. It works for me. I hate those disgusting bug sprays and figure they can't be that good for me, plus they are ExPeNsIvE!!