Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Inspirational Reads

I LOVE inspirational books almost more than any other genre. Everytime I go to the bookstore, that's the first section I gravitate to. So today I found these two sweet books:
The first one is entitled, "A Mother's Book of Secrets" by Linda Eyre and her daughter Shawni Eyre Pothier. Shawni has a wonderful blog and I promise if you check it out you will be happy that you did! She is the real deal and writes with sincerity and heart. This book is the same. It is honest. Even though I have adult children, I truly believe that I have SO much to learn about motherhood even now! One of the "aha" moments for me was when Shawni shares her frustration on certain days when everything seems to go wrong. She describes a day that every mother can relate to but then she acknowledges that maybe, just maybe her day was frustrating because of HER attitude. Isn't that the way it usually is? Our attitude towards everything dictates our day.She and her mother each write a chapter which gives a really great perspective. By the way, that's her adorable daughter on the cover, little Miss Lucy...isn't she precious??

The second book is entitled, "The Remarkable Soul of a Woman", by Dieter F. Uchtdorf. This is a book that you can read in 30 minutes, but you will want to take your time to absorb the beauty of each message and I know that I will be reading and re-reading this one often. One of the first quotes is "Most of all, I am grateful for who you are: A treasured  daughter of our  Heavenly Father with infinite worth." How can  you go wrong with a start like that? This is a great little book with a huge message for ALL women.

I am so glad to have such talented people share their insights and wisdom with us. If you have any inspirational books that you love, please leave a comment with the title.

3 comments:

Kristine said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog. (I just became a follower on yours, by the way)
Thanks for the book tips!

Donnetta said...

Thank you for sharing these titles. They both sound delightful!

Lynn said...

I just love these books. In fact, the second one is the one my daughter just won at the Ladies Night at the Beehive books here during the Priesthood session times. As soon as we walked in, that was the book she said she was going to buy and then she when her name was called for the draws, she squealed because she won the book that she wanted! ; D