Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Thankful Thursday: Memories

Today I am thankful for MEMORIES. I have been using our other laptop lately because we have an issue with the one I usually use...arrrg...hopefully it will be resolved soon...anyway, I was looking at the pictures on this computer and found one that my daughter had apparently downloaded. It was from her senior year in High School and it brought back a FLOOD of memories.
(I remember that Aja LOVED those shoes...)
Aja is on the left in white (it was actually a lavender dress but whoever took this picture got the color all wrong). This was a school dance at the Capitol Rotunda and I remember that these girls had arranged with the "Army Guys" at their school to be chauffeured in their Hummers...back in 1998 everyone was pretty jealous.

See, I LOVED my kids teenage years. I really did. Aja and Tyler were ideal kids and we had an absolute blast. Britt was a different story, but we still had fun! She was a challenge, but she made me laugh.

(Also taken in 1998)
Then I came across this one with Aja and her friend Candice. They are still friends today and they are both mothers who have somehow grown up to be responsible young women! They provided me with some great times during their school years. Candice lived with us for awhile and the two of them were as different as night and day but were the best of friends! They had the most amazing guy friends and my house was ALWAYS filled with laughter, music, noise and even a few tears! But they were certainly some of the best times of these girls lives and also of my life!


I am so thankful sweet memories and how just 2 pictures can transport me back to a time and place that makes me smile. These were the times that helped formed my daughter into beautiful woman she is today. We laughed and cried together. But we bonded and formed a relationship that is precious and strong today. I love these girls and am so thankful they came into my life!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Love those old trips down memory lane. Enjoy!!! Love & blessings from NC!